A. GYLN Internal Discussion Session
Venue: Ito Campus, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Date: 30 October 2016
Time: 09:00 – 16:30
- Ms Betty Chan, Executive Director of Sunwah Foundation to introduce new development for the Global Young Leaders Network, including Sunwah’s support for business start-ups business by members.
- Presentations by Chapter representatives on their activities during the past year and what members have learned from organization of events.
- Group discussions on global citizenship: What is global citizenship? What are the challenges? How to develop?
B. GYLN Exchange Session with Prof Gordon Houlden, Director of China Institute, University of Alberta
Venue: The New Otani Hotel, Fukuoka, Japan
Date: 30 October 2016
Time: 17:30 – 18:45
Topic: How to develop a balanced and positive global outlook
C. Attend Kyushu Forum on Dr. Sun Yat-sen
The Kyushu Forum on Dr Sun Yat-sen comprises two conferences. The Conference on Dr Sun Yat-sen’s International Legacy and Inspirations for the Future and the Conference on Kyushu as a Frontier of Asia Pacific Cooperation.
- Conference on Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s International Legacy and Inspirations for the Future
2016 is the 150th Anniversary of the birth of Dr Sun Yat-sen. The Conference is organized by Kyushu University and the Institute of Dr. Sun Yat-sen Studies of Zhongshan University with Sunwah Foundation and Kyushu Economic Forum as co-organisers.
Venue: Inamori Hall, Ito Campus, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Date: 31 October 2016
Pre Conference Ceremony
13:00-13:30 Ground-breaking Ceremony of the Jonathan KS Choi Cultural Centre of Japan at Kyushu University
Moderator: Prof. Reiko Aoki
Speech by President Chiharu Kubo, President of Kyushu University
Speech by Dr. Jonathan KS Choi, Chairman of Sunwah Group and Sunwah Foundation
Speech by Mr. Susumu Ishihara, Chairman of Kyushu Economic Forum
Session1: Moderator: Prof. Takeshi Hamashita (Zhongshan University)
1. Prof. Lin Jia-you, Former Director of the Institute of Dr. Sun Yat-sen Studies of Zhongshan University
Topic: Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s International Awareness and Its Key Implications (30 mins)
- Prof. Takeshi Shizunaga, Graduate School of Humanities, Kyushu University
Topic: Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s visit to Fukuoka and the history of China-Japan academic cooperation in Kyushu University (30 mins)
- Prof. Nguyen Van Khanh, Former Rector of University of Social Sciences and Humanities (USSH) and Director of the Institute of Policy and Management (USSH)
Topic: Dr. Sun Yat-sen and Vietnam Revolution (30 mins)
Session 2: Moderator Prof. Akihiro Iwashita (Kyushu University and Hokkaido University)
4. Prof. Leo Suryadinata, S.Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological, University, Singapore
Topic: Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s international legacy and inspirations for the future: Some examples from Southeast Asia (30 mins)
- Prof. Gordon Houlden, Director of China Institute, University of Alberta, Canada
Topic: Dr. Sun Yat-sen and the West: A 21st Century Canadian Perspective. (30 mins)
- Prof. Takeshi Onimaru, Graduate school of Integrated Science for Global Society, Kyushu University
Topic: Dr. Sun Yat-sen and the Revolutionary Networks in East and Southeast Asia in the 1920s and 30s (30 mins)
- Prof. Li Xin-chun, China Institute of Economic Transformation and Opening
Topic: Guangdong Province: First mover and entrepreneurship -The birth place of Dr. Sun Yat-sen (30 mins)
Q&A session 10 mins
18:30 – 20:00 Reception at Inamori Hall
- The Conference on Kyushu as a Frontier of Asia Pacific Cooperation
The Conference will be held at the Kyuden Mirai Hall in Fukuoka, Japan on the next day, 1 November 2016, to explore opportunities for cooperation in the Asia-Pacific region from the inspirations of Dr. Sun Yat-sen and his connections with Kyushu. The Conference is organized by the Kyushu Economic Forum, co-organised by Sunwah Foundation and the Japan Hong Kong Society – Kyushu and supported by Kyushu University for about 400 participants. Dr Jonathan Choi will deliver a keynote speech on Hong Kong’s partnership with Kyushu and the Asia Pacific Region at this Conference and there will be a panel discussion with speakers from various countries on Kyushu as the Frontier of Asia Pacific Cooperation.